- Soft, supple skin that absorbs nutrients better, making subsequent treatments more effective
- Enhanced ability for your pores to sweat out waste
- Thorough removal of waste sweated out during the past week, month, or lifetime if it's your first scrub ever
- Fewer ingrown hairs for people who shave
- Shiny skin: say goodbye to ashiness!
- Lymphatic massage, which stimulates drainage and detoxification that is only possible through movement
- Longer lasting freshness after bathing, because no dead skin remains to decay when moisture is added
- It's easy to maintain at home on a weekly basis with a Korean Scrub Mitt (aka 'Italy Towel')
- Intimacy amongst family members; Koreans typically scrub one another and even strangers will offer to scrub you at the more traditional places
Did we miss a benefit? Let us know!
What can I expect at SoKo? We offer varying levels of service and have trainees that enable us to offer more affordable scrubs.
Whether it's a 10-minute back scrub, 30-minute full-body, 1hr scrub + massage, or a 90-minute scrub + massage + mask... here's what to expect:
- Grab a waterproof alert dongle from the front desk and start by showering
- Jump in a tub or steam room for 15-30 minutes to loosen up dead skin cells
- When your dongle rings, head to the private scrub room and undress as much as you are comfortable
- Lay face down on the scrub/massage table & relax
- Your scrub tech will enter with special soap to ready your skin for the experience
- The scrub begins
- The basic scrub ends with a warm water rinse
- Feel your skin breathing and enjoy the rest of your time at SoKo!